Getting ready for your session can be overwhelming! Following some of these tips can help you to prepare so we can get the most of your session. getting ready
* Sessions take place between 4 and 20 days old. The sooner you can let me know baby has arrived, the sooner we can make sure you have some date options to choose from during the 4-20 day age range.
* If possible, stimulate & keep baby awake for an hour or so before the session. This helps make babe extra sleepy for the session & when baby can get in a deeper sleep, it makes posing & going from one set to another easier. A warm bath is a great way to do this as well as talking & interacting with baby while keeping he or she in just their diaper.
*Feed baby right before the session. A full belly makes for a happy, sleepy baby. Also, feeding baby as much as possible in the 12 hours leading up to the session will allow for baby to sleep as deeply and as long as possible.
* If you are okay with baby using one, bring a pacifier, even if baby doesn’t seem to take to it. Sucking is a soothing mechanism & can really help with settling baby once I have them in place for photos, even if I have to hold the pacifier for a bit to help.
* The studio will be toasty (83 degrees to be exact). Babies like being warm and having the heat cranked up (no matter the time of year), helps babe stay settled and sleepy. You are more than welcome to bring drinks and a change of clothes to change out of if you think you’ll get hot.
* There is no need to bring anything for baby to wear. I provide all the wraps, headbands, hats, clothes & props. If there is something special you want to bring, be sure to let me know so I can work a set around it.
* Go simple for family’s wardrobe. When planning your outfits for the family & sibling shots, stick with soft, neutral colors like grey or cream as the dominate colors. This keeps the focus on baby and the family connection.
* For siblings, I recommend a classic, timeless outfit. Steer clear of logos and shirts with writing. Those can be distracting in photos as the eye immediately goes to the words or picture on the shirt instead of the sweet sibling moment.Newborn Sessions
After your session, I will do a soft proofing where I will send you a gallery link of unedited images from your session for you to view. Once you select your favorite images, I will edit and deliver them within 3 weeks. If you would like additional images outside of the number of images included in your session package, you may: 1) purchase images individually for $20 an image. 2) upgrade to the next package 3) select 15 more images for an additional $150. **Please understand that all digital images are provided as JPEGs and RAW image files are not included in any packages.
Important session information
*Bring multiple looks. We may not use them all, but its good to have options.
*Check your outfits by trying them on ahead of time. Make sure your undergarments cannot be seen through your clothes.
*Please iron your clothes ahead of time.
*Don't go crazy with skin highlighter and make up. Light reflects off it and causes hot spots on the skin in photographs. Remember, I will take care of blemishes when editing your images!
*Bring any props you would like included in the session.Senior Sessions
*Preparation is key! Plan your outfits out ahead of time. Don't be afraid to check out Pinterest for ideas on color combinations.
*Please iron your clothes ahead of time or plan to dress when you arrive at your session.
*Bring snacks for younger kids who may need a little coaxing. Remember to keep your expectations reasonable. The 2-3 year old age group can be tough. They can sense when you are stressed!
*Understand that there is no need to say "Cheese!" I’m chasing natural interactions and unposed moments. I strive to capture and encourage authentic expressions. No need to coax your children into fake smiles!
*Know that not everyone has to be looking at the camera. I sometimes encourage the adults to NOT look at the camera. I like to especially encourage dads or moms to focus on their partners and their kids.
*Be prepared to laugh, play, tickle, and snuggle. This is how we’ll capture the REAL moments. Family Sessions